Time to Submit Your Video!
We are excited to bring awareness to groundwater quality! Groundwater serves as the primary drinking water resource for 95% of Idahoans. This project allows youth and adults across the state to connect in a unique way while celebrating groundwater.
We invite you to join us and become a Guinness World Record Holder while raising awareness of the importance of groundwater to Idaho and Idahoans. Below you can watch a short video explainer of what the record-setting video will look like and continue reading for more instructions.
Carefully read all the instructions below, before recording your video.
Video Recording Instructions
- A clear cup, 16-20 oz of water approximately three-quarters full.
- Your smiling face!
For the participant being filmed
- Reach a hand out of frame.
- Bring your hand back into frame holding a cup of water.
- Take one sip of water.
- Pass the cup out of frame on the opposite side.
For the person filming
- If using a phone, record vertically.
- Center the participant in the frame.
- Make sure the participant’s hand goes completely out of frame (isn’t visible) when receiving and passing the cup.
- If you have someone hand the cup of water to the participant, make sure the hand is not visible in the video.
- Groups of participants: either record an individual clip for each participant OR include the whole group in one clip, but have only one person drink from the cup.
- Make sure there is no personal information or product logos visible in the video clip. Exception: School or organization logos or uniforms are encouraged! Represent your group!
- IDEQ and IWEF will reject any entry that shows an action, picture, or item that could be deemed explicit, offensive, or inappropriate.
Health and safety
- Please adhere to the current COVID protocols in the city/county/facility where you are recording.
Video Submittal Instructions
- Any digital device can be used to record your video, and it must be able to be put it in the proper format to be uploaded on this page.